Capital Area Online Learning Association (CAOLA)
Founded in 2009 by the Capital Area Intermediate Unit 15, a Pennsylvania ESA, CAOLA was created to address the need in Pennsylvania for a challenging and flexible education option for students who want or need something different from traditional learning but want to stay enrolled in their school.
CAOLA serves over 140 districts, schools, and programs across PA. Members of CAOLA have autonomy and are locally managed by school administration and the CAOLA team. Any district, school, program, or Intermediate Unit in Pennsylvania can join CAOLA and reap the rewards of cost effective, high quality online learning options for students. CAOLA proudly serves not only traditional schools but also charter schools, day treatment facilities, adjudicated youth, and vocational technical schools.
During the first year of use, CAOLA partners experienced cost savings of 50% compared to schools directly contracted with independent online curriculum providers.
The program has proven students’ success and is now educating over 15,000 students annually.
- K-12 Curriculum
- Quality-vetted courses
- Career and Tech Electives
- Student Scholarships
- District-level Curriculum and Technical support
- On-site Training & Professional Development
- Test Score Reporting
- Analytic reporting on attendance, course progress, and completion
- Leverage consortium influence to drive change and provide best rates
- Marketing Tools/Events
- Options to use contracted online teachers or district/school employed teachers