Illinois Virtual School and Academy
Illinois Virtual Schools & Academy is the ideal full-time online learning solution for districts challenged with meeting the demands of today’s students. Our comprehensive online school model is user-friendly, flexible, and academically robust with a fully aligned curriculum, certified teachers, and student support services. Illinois Virtual Schools & Academy is the ONLY approved public provider in the ISBE Virtual Course Catalog and is administered by the Lake County Regional Office of Education.
Projects and highlights:
- Supplemental Course Solutions: The Illinois Virtual Schools provides supplemental online course options to districts, schools, and students. We offer over 200 different course options, including credit recovery, Advanced Placement courses, core curriculum, electives, world languages, and more.
- Full-Class Solutions: We provide solutions to address teacher shortages and staffing challenges. IVSA offers synchronous and asynchronous instruction options for full classes. We work with districts to ensure students have more choices for electives, world languages, higher level math and sciences and even core courses.
- Full-Time ACADEMY: The Illinois Virtual Academy is a new approach to full-time virtual school. Students don’t simply log in to online courses. Instead, they are part of an active learning environment that provides daily, real-time support, live instruction, and rich applied learning options. IVSA employs over 80 full-time and part-time certified teachers to deliver instruction to students in both synchronous and asynchronous formats.
- Tutoring: IVSA provides tutoring services to students in grades 6-12 in an online synchronous format using Varsity Tutors.
- Support Services: IVSA offers a variety of support services to its students. Each Full-Time Academy student is assigned their own Student Success Coach, as well as Guidance Counselor.
- HELPme: IVSA partners with STOPit Solutions to offer the HELPme app and website to their students. Delivered on a highly configurable mobile platform, HELPme provides support and resources to students, families, and staff using a customized interface. Students are able to find resources in their county, access a crisis helpline, or submit an anonymous report.