Wisconsin Virtual School
Wisconsin Virtual School (WVS) is the state-led supplemental online program for K-12 in Wisconsin. Districts have the option to use WVS highly qualified instructors or use their own teachers. Within this model, WVS offers both asynchronous courses and the opportunity for more comprehensive synchronous programming with live lessons for students in grades K-8 (WVS Plus). Operating out of CESA 9 since 2001, WVS has successfully completed over 20 years of providing access to high-quality online learning experiences for all students in the state while allowing districts to maintain local control of student enrollment and funding. WVS works to support districts with all of their needs- including staffing shortages.
WVS Annual Highlights (July 2022 -May 2023):
- Provided online & blended learning support for 236 schools in 174 districts including public, private, charter, and home school students
- Provided additional value add-ons for learners: 24/7 tutoring support through Tutor.com integration and M-F live WVS Help Desk support
- Served over 11,000 online enrollments with WVS teachers and supported 223 enrollments where local districts provided their own instructor
- Provided free online orientation to over 2,600 students
- Offered an online option to 44 elementary & middle school students from across the state as part of expanded programming with live and asynchronous instruction
- Supported partners with accommodations and modifications to meet the needs of all learners through a focus on Special Populations
- Saved districts almost $65,000 in course licensing fees as part of the Wisconsin Digital Learning Collaborative (WDLC)
- WVS partners with the Wisconsin eSchool Network (WEN) and the Wisconsin Department of Instruction (DPI) through the Wisconsin Digital Learning Collaborative (WDLC). This partnership works to provide access to curriculum, professional development, resources & course subsidies to support the adoption and expansion of digital blended and online learning in the state of Wisconsin.